Wednesday, October 29, 2014

M&M matchbook


I made some Halloween matchbook treats for coworkers and my Lifegroup ladies. 

I was able to get 3 out of an 8 1/2' x 11" piece of cardstock. Cut the cardstock in strips measuring 2 7/8" x 8 1/2". Then score them at 3/4", 4 1/2" and 5 1/4". Fold up the 3/4" score and place the edge of the candy wrapper in and secure with a staple. Then fold along your other score lines and fold over and tuck in just above the staple to secure. You can decorate them with paper, ribbons, stickers or embellishments. 

I used the Batty for You set from Stampin' Up! to stamp my pumpkin stamp that says "You light up the place with that smile on your face". I then used my circle punches to punch out the stamped image, punch a bigger black circle for contrast, and layered them on an orange scallop circle that I placed over a strip of patterned paper.

Every time I see M&M's, I think about a funny story when I was working with kindergarten students. At the beginning of the year, I was testing the students to see which letters of the alphabet they knew. Sadly, one little girl didn't know any of the letters. But when I pointed to "m" she said "they're on M&M's!" I told her that indeed they were on "M" and "M's", so what letter did she think it was. She said, "I don't know. I just know they're on M&M's!"

2 comments: